Getting Started with
Beat the 9 to 5
Resources to Start You on Your Voyage to Quit the Rat Race
Remember, I’m just getting started with beating the nine to five as well. This is a list of some key resources that I’ve put together that are helping me on my journey to entrepreneurship.
You may find some of these same tools very useful!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Personal Finance Tools
- Mint – Free online personal finance management. Great with budgeting and automatically connecting to your bank accounts.
- Quicken – Much more robust desktop software to help you know where your money is going and how you are doing with your finances. This software also is the best for tracking your investments.
- Personal Capital – Another free online money management program, but this one has a focus on investments, so it is geared more towards investors.
- 10 Free Budget Spreadsheets – Dont’ want to use software? Get free budgeting templates here.
- Wave Accounting – I’m a fan of online cloud accounting so that you can access your information anywhere. Wave Accounting is similar to Mint, in that you can do cloud-based accounting for free for your business.
- QuickBooks – Quickbooks is the desktop accounting software that many small businesses choose because of it’s power and robustness. If you need heavy-duty accounting software, this is the best.
- Rocket Lawyer – This is a simple and easy way to incorporate your business. I’ve also found it to be the most affordable.
- Nolo – Another option to form your business, although more self-service than others.
- Legal Zoom – The most well-known legal service, it offers good service and fair prices.
- David Chilton, The Wealthy Barber
- Jean Chatzky, You Don’t Have to be Rich
- Dave Ramsey, The Total Money Makeover
- David Bach, The Automatic Millionaire